The third Worcester, ex t.s. EXMOUTH/H.M.S. EXMOUTH, arrived off Greenhithe on 06 July 1945 and was secured to the Swanscombe buoys. Being longer, by some 95 feet, the old Worcester moorings had to be adjusted to accommodate the larger ship, so the opportunity was taken to renew the ground tackle. After a refit the third Worcester finally came to her moorings on 15 January 1946 and cadets embarked on 31 January 1946. The College closed at the end of the Summer term 1968 and the ship continued in use by the Merchant Navy College, at some time as t.s. Worcester under the Red Ensign, until they finally moved ashore in 1974? and the ship was sold for scrapping in 1978, finally departing her mooring on Saturday, 08 July 1978 bound for Belgium.
Info Supplied by Graham Smith OW 56 -
Exmouth at Barrow after launch
Exmouth after launch
Exmouth Training Ship at Grays
Exmouth Training Ship off to a dock before going to Scarpa Flow from Grays
Exmouth leaves for Scarpa flow to become a Submarine tender during the war
At Scapa Flow HMS Exmouth with HMS Tuna
HMS Tuna alongside Exmouth at Scarpa
Exmouth in use by the London Fire Brigade ?